This week, I'm sharing a family favorite in my house. We have always loved macaroni and cheese, but usually relied on the boxed version before we went to whole foods.
So, when we made the switch, one of the first things I was on the look out for was a quick and easy whole feeds macaroni and cheese recipe that my kids would love.
As I do with most recipes, I tweaked this one to suit our tastes.
Homemade Stove-Top Mac & Cheese
- 12-16oz box of macaroni (whole wheat or whatever you prefer)
- 1-2 TBSP butter
- 8oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Approximately 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and Pepper
- In a pot, boil the pasta in water until cooked to your desired softness. Drain the pasta and return it to the pan, setting the pan on a hot pad on your counter top.
- Stir in the butter until melted. Dump in milk, then cheese all at once. Stir until cheese is melted and evenly coating the macaroni. If desired, add a bit more milk for creaminess. Salt and pepper to taste.
Sometimes i'll add in veggies or meat, usually cooking the veggies with the noodles. I also double this recipe for a family meal, and sometimes mix different cheese for different flavors.
I hope you enjoy! If you try this, let me know in the comments how it turned out.
What did you make this week?
You're invited to join me in logging The Dinner Diaries!
All you have to do is create your Dinner Diary post, add the Dinner Diary button and/or a link back to The Dinner Diaries post, then come back over and share your link with us!
Feel free to use this image: