Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Queso Taco Casserole

To be honest, I hardly had to cook at all this past week. I have been at my sisters dwelling in her Temporary Tent, and she is an excellent cook. 

This recipe is something I made the week before. It is one of my husband's favorites, and you can dress it up however you like with your favorite taco fixings. 


Queso Taco Casserole
Ingredients:

  • 1 lb Ground Beef
  • 1 Small Onion, chopped
  • 1 8oz Bottle Taco Sauce
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1 pkg. Taco Seasoning
  • 1 pkg. Corn Taco Shells, broken  OR Tortilla Chips
  • 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Garnish Suggestions:  Chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions, sour cream, black olives.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 13x5 inch baking dish.

Cook beef and onion in large skillet. Stir in taco sauce, water, and seasoning mix; Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. 

Layer half of the broken shells on bottom of baking dish. Cover with half of the meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Garnish as desired.

~

I also baked peanut butter cookies for my son's birthday treat (one of many.)


And because I was in such a baking mood that week, I tried this recipe from Valley Ridge Recipes 
for 1 Hour Cinnamon Rolls, and they turned out great! 

I found the recipe thanks to Pinterest.



What did you make this week?

You're invited to join me in logging The Dinner Diaries! 

The Dinner Diaries is all about wrapping up what you've been making in the kitchen for your family for the week, and sharing it with us all. 

Your Dinner Diary can be about a specific recipe you tried, or just a peek at what you whipped up in the kitchen. Don't forget to link to any recipes from the internet that you used!

All you have to do is create your Dinner Diary post, add the Dinner Diary button and/or a link back to The Dinner Diaries post of the week here, then come back over and share your link with us in the comments!

Feel free to use this image:


please make sure to include a link back to OurSomewhatLife somewhere in your post.

I'd also love to feature you on The Dinner Diaries facebook page. "Like" it to get some great inspiration right on your facebook newsfeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment