Sunday, April 15, 2012

My Focus Word for 2012: Declutter


It was the beginning of the year. I was sitting in a waiting room, when I picked up a magazine. In it, I found an article by a Christian writer explaining how she approaches the new year.

Each year, she would pick a word to focus on. To paraphrase, she said that "sometimes it takes awhile to find your focus word, sometimes it's immediately apparent, and sometimes your focus word pick you." I thought it was a great idea, but didn't necessarily intend on picking my own.

A few days later, I was in the shower when it hit me. My word, that is. I realized that my focus word for the year would be "Declutter". It was general, but it fit so well with my life at the moment.

I would declutter my time, my commitments, my mind, my home, my car, my internet. I would focus on decluttering... my life.

Has your life become cluttered? Do you feel like you are drowning in a sea of stuff, or a sea of responsibilities?

This is an invitation to join me on my mission to declutter my life. To come to and maintain a clutter-free and simple life.

No comments:

Post a Comment